INTERIM PERIOD JANUARY – MARCH 2021
- Cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 3,467.9M (-) on 31 March 2021.
- Operating expenses were SEK -0.6M (–).
- Profit after tax was SEK -0,6M (–).
- Earnings per share was SEK -0.19 (–).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE PERIOD
- ACQ Bure was listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm on 25 March 2021.
- The rights issue was SEK 3,480M before deductions for expenses of SEK 50M related to start-up costs and consultancy costs related to the listing of the company.
On March 25, ACQ Bure AB was listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm. It is the fi rst Swedish Special Purpose Acquisition Company, (SPAC), under the Nasdaq’s new regulations. It has been an exciting process to bring a new asset class to the Swedish market together with advisors and Nasdaq. It was also encouraging that interest in ACQ’s listing was considerable. In total, ACQ gained approximately 35,000 new shareholders, all of whom joined at the same time.
The listing capitalized the company with SEK 3.5 billion. The goal is to identify a target company to acquire within 36 months. We will look for a quality, sustainable, Nordic company valued at between SEK 3 – 7 billions.
The listing was thus a starting point for ACQ and the work of identifying a possible acquisition has now begun. My ambition is to fi nd an interesting unlisted company that wants to go to the stock exchange together with ACQ. I hope is that ACQ will be an attractive option for companies considering a listing. ACQ offers a listed environment with visible owners who, through value-creating initiatives and long-term commitment, contribute to create a good return for shareholders.
Henrik Blomquist, CEO ACQ Bure AB